Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Case of the Corrupted .SWFs Unedited, Uncut with Commentary

In July, I guest wrote a post for Dj Stores, which was posted on PengFeed. In the process, he made a few edits to comply with his site's rules. But he didn't edit the Google Doc, so I have the original version that I sent him. If you would like me to make more, I would. Just say the word and you'll have hundreds of PengFeed posts by me by January. Anyway, here it is.




One day, Icystorm 9 was watching his daily 14 hours of television when suddenly….

1.png

2.png
If you look closely at the TV, you can see a penguin standing by it saying "The SWFs are corrupted!"


3.png
Icystorm 9, who was interested in incriminating whoever did such a heinous act, decided to investigate.

First, he visited Dj Stores, administrator and sole proprietor of popular comedy blog PengFeed, because Dj owns the site and it would make him happy. When Icystorm 9 arrived, Dj was performing PengFeed LIVE at the Lighthouse.
4.png
I screwed up in this image. I forgot to change my play screen back to high-quality before taking a screenshot of
my penguin, but I fixed it for Dj Stores.

Icystorm 9: Can I ask you a few questions?
Dj: Yes, you may, but after I finish my set.

After Dj Stores’ set, Icystorm 9 began to conduct an interrogation.
Kazam_screenshot_00440.png
Wasn't in the first draft.

Icystorm 9: Have you heard of the corrupted .SWFs?
Dj: Yes, I have.
Icystorm 9: Did you corrupt them?
Dj: No.
Icystorm 9: Where were you at 6 PM yesterday, when said .SWFs were corrupted?
Dj: I was at home.
Icystorm 9: What were you doing at home?
Dj: …..
Icystorm 9: Spill it!
Dj: I was making a Webkinz account.
Icystorm 9: You monster!
Dj: I’m sorry! I won’t do it again!
Icystorm 9: But do you know who corrupted the .SWFs?
Dj: I’m not sure, but I think it may have been Riyita.
Icystorm 9: Thanks for the help!

So Icystorm 9 went to visit Riyita at the Coffee Shop, where he was finding new eggsclusives for his blog.
5.png
While I do really love the song Hips Don't Lie, this was actually added in as a reference to an old PengFeed post from May,
which featured Rockhopper singing, "I'm on tonight my hips don't lie".

Icystorm 9: Did you corrupt the .SWFs?
Riyita: No, I did not. I have stolen .SWFs before, but I have not corrupted .SWFs since that one time I broke the Club Penguin Wiki in 2013.
Icystorm 9: What were you doing when it happened?
Riyita: I was [censored for criminal action]
Icystorm 9: I think I’m gonna….. leave now.

Before he left, Riyita handed Icystorm 9 a list of people he thought could have done it. Icystorm 9 then fled to the Dance Club to meet up with Kesha in the Arcade.
6.png
Kesha's outfit is based off of her Spotify user icon, except for the car. The car is a reference to the gold
trans am mentioned in songs Take it Off, Thinking of You, and Gold Trans Am. No, I didn't have to look that up.

Icystorm 9: Can I ask you a few questions?
Kesha: Yes
Icystorm 9: Can I have your autograph?

Kesha signs an autograph for Icystorm 9, and the interrogation resumes.
Kazam_screenshot_00431.png
Wasn't in the first draft.

Icystorm 9: Did you corrupt the .SWFs?
Kesha: What’s an…  .SWF?
Icystorm 9: Don’t play dumb with me. Did you corrupt the .SWFs?
Kesha: I really have no idea what you’re talking about!

Icystorm 9 takes out a copy of Warrior from his knapsack and threatens to microwave it.

Kazam_screenshot_00432.png
The album cover is still in my screenshots folder.

Kesha: C’mon! Don’t do this!
Icystorm 9: Yes, C’mon and all other songs on this album will be unplayable after I microwave the CD.
Kesha: Fine, I’ll talk. But you have to promise that you won’t mention this to anyone.
Icystorm 9: I promise.
Kesha: I’m not sure who did this, but many signs lead to one penguin. One penguin that nobody would ever suspect. That penguin being….
7.png
8.png
9.png

It all makes sense! At the foot of the list of possible suspects, there it was; Christopher Wayne Heatherly’s name.
Kazam_screenshot_00427 THIS ONE FOR SURE THIS TIME.png
The first version of this image featured 3Oh...3 instead of Super, and mistakenly had the Coffee Shop as a background instead.

But why would Chris Heatherly corrupt files from his own game? Well, it’s quite simple. If he corrupted the .SWFs from Club Penguin, he could stop exclusives from leaking and draw attention to his newest project, Disney Piano Tiles.
Kazam_screenshot_00448.png
But Icystorm 9 needed more evidence so he went to Christopher Wayne Heatherly’s igloo.
Kazam_screenshot_00439.png
This was edited in paint.net. The original igloo is by some random person from the server Blizzard.

When Icystorm 9 arrived at Chris Heatherly’s igloo, he wasn’t home. Chris had left the door unlocked, so Icystorm 9 snuck in.
Kazam_screenshot_00449.png
This is my happy home igloo, which uses mainly old items.
To the left of the doorway on Chris’s monitor was a file folder titled “Corrupted .SWFs (pls dont open)”.
Kazam_screenshot_00442.png
This is actually my regular igloo, but with a computer and a new floor.
Icystorm 9 opened it and was shocked at what he saw. Many Club Penguin .SWFS were scattered around this folder along with a shocking .txt file
10.png
All of the .SWF files in this image are actually just renamed .PNG files that I stole off of the Club Penguin Wiki. All of these files still exist on my computer, and all files are actually broken on the Wiki.
Icystorm 9 took all of this evidence to the Club Penguin Police Department, based in the Book Room, and informed the police that with the help of Dj Stores, Riyita, and Kesha,
Kazam_screenshot_00426.png
Icystorm 9 had solved the case of the corrupted .SWFs. The corrupted .SWF folder was deleted from Christopher Wayne Heatherly’s computer, and Club Penguin was saved.
In my first draft, Spike Hike ended up going to prison at the end. After a bit, it was changed so that the sentence was only a few seconds. Eventually, he wasn't imprisoned at all.

The end.

Also, no disrespect to Spike Hike. He’s a great person, and that’s why I included him in this post. I also like Kesha quite a bit, but I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment