Tuesday, August 22, 2017

LEGO Series' That I Want to Return


Of course I spelled "provides" incorrectly.




The Brick Bounty is one of the greatest sets of this decade.
So I've already talked about LEGO Pirates, but now I'd like to talk about LEGO Castle. LEGO Castle is a series that was launched in 1978 and ran until it was discontinued in 1997. It was then revived as LEGO Kingdoms (my favorite of the Castle themes) in 2007 and was renamed to LEGO Castle in 2013. LEGO Castle was discontinued AGAIN in 2014 to make way for LEGO Nexo Knights, a theme that I frankly think isn't that appealing. LEGO Castle was always a great series, but now we have Nexo Knights, which is okay at best. Since I'm not sure if Nexo Knights and Castle can coexist, cancel Nexo Knights. Castle has always had interesting sets. The sets where you build an actual castle have always been my favorite.
Take a look at this beast of a set that I incorrectly named when downloading.
An often overlooked set in the past is the LEGO Space. Despite having a main character from this series in The LEGO Movie back in 2014, The last dedicated Space series was LEGO Space Police, which was discontinued in 2011. And that's unfortunate, because there is a lot of potential for this series with different designs for space ships and the moon and the launch pad and stuff. And that leads me into the next one.
The LEGO City Set "Utility Shuttle" is actually in my Amazon list right now.
Alien Conquest was awesome. I really liked the design of all the spaceships and all of the aliens. There are nearly infinite possibilities for sets here as long as there are creative people at LEGO. I don't know if Alien Conquest can coexist with Space, but if I had to pick one, I'd mash them both together and call all of the sets LEGO Space. Nice and simple.
I actually built the Alien Mothership with my cousin back when it was released. It sits on a shelf in his game room now.
Next we have LEGO Western. LEGO Western was an awesome theme. I would pay 80 bucks for Fort LEGOREDO if I had the option, despite the fact that it should realistically be 70. Every set in LEGO Western is unique and creatively crafted. Sets like Rapid River Village and Sherriff's Lockup are so cool and look nice, not to mention the fact that you can do so much with the sets. Here's a picture of Fort LEGOREDO just to show you how great it is.
Who wouldn't want this set?
Pharoah's Quest was also a cool series. The sets had lots of detail, especially in the decals and printed pieces. The mummy figures and vehicles were always great. I still have my mummy minifigure from the Cursed Cobra Statue and it's one of my favorites in my collection. One thing that Pharoah's Quest did better than nearly every theme is that it felt grand and large, despite the fact that it wasn't, honestly. The few sets released for it made it feel like it went on for much longer than it actually did.
I wish I could've afforded this back in 2012.
And finally, can we all agree that LEGO Atlantis was awesome?


No comments:

Post a Comment