Friday, August 18, 2017

Last Minute Updates

Hey guys. So the Wii U is practically done. So this post is just a small list of what I would like for a final update for the Wii U, as well as the 7th-gen consoles. I'll be going in reverse chronological order of release date.

The Wii U


For the Wii U, I would like a few things. First, update it so it can play games from all regions. I don't know how difficult it would be, but I suspect it would just trick the game into thinking it's from the same region as said game. That would be cool.

Another thing I would like is that the console does not need the GamePad to operate. In the future, these will be lost or damaged; it will be very important that these 2 are not codependent. If we could just use the Pro Controller at all times, the menu automatically sets itself to this, and there's just a warning before any game that can't use the Pro Controller, that would be great.

It would also be nice to unlock DVD support. It's a surprisingly useful feature.

The Wii


The Wii has similar issues to the Wii U. The first issue is region locking. I hope that they unlock regions, although it's less important here. This includes the Wii Shop. I want to play Rush Rush Rally Racing, assuming it's still up.

Then I would like an update that lets it play CDs and DVDs. We know that it can do this, because you can install a program that runs DVDs via SD card. I think it would be fairly easy to do.

That's about all there.

The PlayStation 3


The PlayStation 3 is easy because it plays all CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray Discs; is almost entirely region-free; and is very USB-friendly.

But it isn't entirely region-free. One game is region-locked. From what I've heard, region encoding is an option, but Sony didn't require it. So if they disable the region encoding for that one game, that would be great.

The Xbox 360
Don't mind that the controller is sideways. The image was edited that way and I don't care to fix it.
The 360 has a few issues that I would especially like to fix, as well as some smaller ones.

For the biggest update, make it so you don't need an Xbox Live connection to sign into an Xbox Live account. That may not make sense, but let me explain. If you have an Xbox 360 with Xbox Live, your account is likely linked to Xbox Live. If you sign into that account without internet, it will take some time trying to connect before sending you to the internet settings. Once the servers go down, it won't be able to connect and you'll have to do this every time you start the console. That will get annoying after a while. It would be cool if they just made it so all profiles were offline profiles.

That leads into my next point; condense the menu and remove ads. Because since the Xbox Live servers are down, every single page will say "Connect to Xbox Live" instead of anything useful like your games and settings. It would be much more useful if they just made everything on one page towards the end.

I would also like them to remove region lock.

Finally, fix the DVD menu system so that you can navigate with both the left and right stick. This may seem like a minor complaint, but when I watch DVDs, I'd rather only have to hold the controller with one hand instead of two. It feels much more like a TV remote then.

So that's about all that I can think of right now. If I think of any more, I'll update this post with some more things. They might be in bold or something, I don't know. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment