Thursday, June 8, 2017

E3 Wishes and Expectations - Nintendo

Nintendo is currently my favorite out of the 3 console manufacturers in the industry. Supposedly, their E3 booths are pretty big. I expect they'll have some amazing things to show.

So first, what I wish for.

It would be really cool if Nintendo could show off what Retro Studios is supposedly working on. Be it Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country, or some new Nintendo IP, I'll likely be excited.

I hope they'll have some sort of New 2DS XL booth that shows off what the newest iteration of their handheld can do and why it's cheaper. (Speaking of handhelds, did you know that 2014 is the only year that we didn't get some sort of new Nintendo handheld since 2008? 2009 had the DSi, 2010 had the DSi XL, 2011 had the 3DS, 2012 had the XL, 2013 had the 2DS, 2015 had the New 3DS XL, 2016 had the standard-sized New 3DS, and 2017 has the New 2DS XL. I expect next year we'll get the standard new 2DS.) I want to know what processor the 2DS uses. I want to know if it's compatible with both 3DS and Nintendo DS games. I want to know if the camera is better than older models. How does the internet work compared to the others? Does this one come with a charger? What about faceplates? There's lots of information I want to know before I go out and buy a new system for 150 bucks; E3 would be probably the best place to show it off before it's released, especially if they livestream their event.



I hope they'll talk about Skyrim on the Switch, discussing mod support and such. This would normally be at Bethesda's booth, but this is a port of a game from last year; I think they would rather focus their time on their newer games like Doom and whatever new game they're likely to be showing off.

I hope they announce some really cool new IP that they've been working on that everyone wants to play. I have no idea what that might be.

I hope they spend a bit of time talking about the Virtual Console. I've actually been thinking about the Switch Virtual Console for a while and I think I have a good idea on what to release.

NES
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
GameCube
Sega Master System
Genesis
Saturn
TurboGrafx-16
Neo Geo AES
Arcade
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Sega Game Gear

So that's just a little wishlist of mine. I don't think any of these systems will have a large library to begin with; I wouldn't doubt if Saturn and GameCube had only 2 or 3 titles each if they are released. But basic confirmation would be nice.

I plan to make another post about this later; maybe next week, maybe in a year; who knows.

I hope they talk about Pokken Tournament DX a bit; I never played the original and the Direct wasn't as informative as I had hoped.

Finally, I hope they'll talk about the last batch of Wii U games being released. It would feel very coldhearted (for lack of a better word) to not even mention the Wii U only 5 years after its release.



What do I expect from Nintendo though?

I expect more on Super Mario Odyssey, since they've clearly stated that's happening.

I expect they're going to announce some new game; I hope it's not that Mario RPG: Rabbids Invasion thing that the internet seems to think is totally confirmed.

I expect a bit about the Virtual Console, but not much. They may announce, NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis support; and we're lucky if we get even that.

I think we'll get a small amount of info on the New 2DS XL, but nothing on the Wii U. I disagree with any decision to do that, but it does make sense to focus more on the Switch and 3DS.

I guess that's all from me. Show up tomorrow for stuff on other companies.

Reminder: If you're interested in getting a Wii U, Nintendo is selling refurbished ones for 175 bucks with Nintendoland. It's available by clicking this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment