Tuesday, June 5, 2018

E3 Wishes and Expectations 2018 - Microsoft

I have more hopes for Microsoft than I do for Electronic Arts. But I'm not entirely sure why. Microsoft doesn't really do much as far as games go, and E3 is all about games. They make Xbox Ones and they make 6th-gen and 7th-gen games run on Xbox One. That's why I'll have a lot more wishes than I'll have expectations, but we'll get to that later.



The first thing I want from Microsoft at E3 is to make more OG Xbox games forwards compatible with the One. Here are some good ones that I want.
This game is awesome.
Hot take, Halo 2 is better than Combat Evolved and Halo 3
Crazy Taxi is awesome. Plus, it has The Offspring.
I always wanted to play this game, but I never picked it up.
I have this game on the GameCube and it's really great.
The greatest title in the history of gaming
Another thing that would be greatly appreciated is a new game from Rare. I know they just launched Sea of Thieves, but if they announce that a new title was in the works, that would be cool. I would kill for a new Perfect Dark or another Banjo Kazooie or a good Killer Instinct release.

MICROSOFT RELEASE HALO 6 WITH SPLITSCREEN

So that's all I really want from Microsoft. But what will we get?

My prediction is that Phil Spencer will show off third party games with one PC/Xbox """"exclusive"""" game in the mix. We probably won't get any news about backwards compatibility. We probably won't get a new announcement from Rare, but we'll probably hear about Sea of Thieves.

If this year is anything like last year, Mojang will talk about Minecraft and Phil's gonna show off a car or a piece of furniture or something bizarre.
Porsche thought E3 2017 was a good place to unveil a new car, for some reason I'll never understand.
I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 6 was announced, since it's been a few years since everyone turned against Halo 5, and I think it would have splitscreen. But I don't think we would get more than an announcement that it's in development, sort of like what Nintendo did for Metroid Prime 4 last year. I'm split over whether it will be or will not be announced, and I'm not particularly leaning either way.

So that's what I think will happen at Microsoft's conference. What conference is after theirs, Bethesda? Oh, I like them. I guess I'll be making a post about their conference next.

No comments:

Post a Comment