Friday, June 8, 2018

E3 Wishes and Predictions 2018 - Capcom

Capcom is a strange company. They can do so much good, but they can shoot themselves in the foot incredibly easily. We've seen this 3 times this year with the Switch releases of Resident Evil Revelations II, The Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, and the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2. All 3 of these titles require additional downloads. It's slightly understandable with Revelations II, since it's a modern game with lots of data. However, the 2 Mega Man Legacy Titles have no excuse. Those games are not big enough to fill up a whole cartridge with data, so we should not need a download code.

But I really like Capcom. They have Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter. So here's what I want for E3 from them.



I want Resident Evil to get a collection, sort of like Mega Man. Resident 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica (the GameCube versions) running on the PS4 and Switch all on one disc/8gb cartridge (5 GameCube discs at 1gb each, plus the emulator) would be great. I'd definitely be willing to spend 40 or 50 bucks on that.
1 Disc
1 Disc
1 Disc
2 Discs
I don't really know what else I want. I want Mega Man X Legacy to not require a download code, but there's not much anyone can do about that at this point, just weeks from release. Mega Man 11 is going to be good, no doubt. Monster Hunter XX is being localized for the NTSC-U regions. I guess I want Resident Evil 6 for the Wii U, but I don't care if that doesn't happen. Capcom is doing well this year.

I don't expect much from Capcom. Mega Man 11 will probably have a showing, as well as Mega Man X Legacy. I think Mega Man 11 will have a demo on the floor and a quick clip in Nintendo's conference, if anywhere. I don't expect Mega Man 11 to actually be shown off in any conference, but Nintendo is most likely to play a trailer or anything. That's all I expect from Capcom this year. I'll see you guys tomorrow for the wishes recap post. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment