Wednesday, June 6, 2018

E3 Wishes and Predictions 2018 - Square Enix

I was surprised to read that Square is having a conference this year. I haven't paid much attention to them recently; they just don't seem to make the content that appeals to me, for the most part. But there is a conference, and they are a company, so we'll see what they have.

First of all, I hope that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is announced for Switch. Square Enix just announced that they have a whole new division just for Switch game development. Tomb Raider probably isn't what they're working on, but I really hope it is. I would love to have that game on Switch, assuming it runs.



I hope they announce that Final Fantasy XV is coming to Switch. LambHoot said it was the one of the best games of last year, and it would be interesting to see how it would be converted. That would be cool. I might even buy it.

Square Enix owns Eidos, and Eidos owns Crystal Dynamics. And do you know who Crystal Dynamics owns?

Crystal Dynamics owns Gex. Gex is awesome. Wouldn't it be super rad if Gex got a new 3D platformer? I would think that would be great. Or Square could put the original trilogy on a disc or on a cart for 30 bucks, add in like a set of stickers, and you've got a definite sale from me. I love Gex.

But I don't expect Square to announce that Gex is getting a new game. I expect them to talk about Octopath Traveller for a bit, and then they'll talk about Tomb Raider and Dragon Quest, and they'll announce a JRPG that I likely won't play. Not that any of them are bad, but I would really like Gex 4.

But the next conference is Ubisoft. I love Ubisoft. They're great. But I'll talk about that later. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment