Friday, June 8, 2018

E3 Wishes and Predictions 2018 - Sega + Atlus

Well last year, most of the things in my "realistic" tier of wishes from Sega was answered. We got playable demos of Sonic Mania and Forces, a new All Stars Racing game was announced (albeit with only Sonic characters this time), and PSO2 is on the Switch. So now I have new things to beg for.

NEW CRAZY TAXI - I love Crazy Taxi. It's super fun. I would really love a new one for current platforms. I already made a potential soundtrack for it in Spotify. I would like if all the Crazy Taxi 3 maps and 2 new maps were included in it, but as long as it's Crazy Taxi and it has at least 1 good map and solid music, I don't mind.

PSO 2 LOCALIZED - Phantasy Star Online 2 looks like it would really fun. I don't have a Raspberry Pi, so I can't play PSO online on the Dreamcast. But the Switch has WiFi. I'd much prefer to play online. Thing is, I can't read Japanese so playing it in its current state is near impossible. I would love it if it came to the West. I would prefer an actual port over PSO2 Cloud, but I'll take what I can get. Also, put it on Xbox One. They have about 38 million users, so that's a lot of potential sales of PSO 2.

SATURN GAMES ON SWITCH - The Saturn is easily Sega's most collectible console. It has almost 1400 titles, and a lot of them are uncommon and expensive. Saturn consoles are also the most valuable of all Sega consoles. Genesises are about 30 bucks, Dreamcasts are around 50, Master Systems are upwards of 85, and Saturns are over 100 dollars. Long story short, Saturn collecting is expensive and I want Sega to just rerelease things on the Switch, sort of like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

And since Sega owns Atlus, they could put Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner for the Saturn on the Switch. I've never played Shin Megami Tensei before, but I've always wanted to. Besides, I have to mention Atlus somewhere in this post. We'll throw in a Persona 4 Golden port for good measure.

Last year, I said that I wanted a new Sega console. Now I don't. If Sega had a new console, all their cool games would be exclusive to their platform, and I couldn't play them on Switch. We also can't confirm that a new Sega console would have good third party, so it would only be good for playing Sega games. No thanks.

So what I expect from Sega and Atlus this E3 is not a lot. Sega is going to be showing off All Stars Racing 3 and Valkyria Chronicles 4. I'm hyped for both of those, so this is a good show so far. I feel like Sega Ages is having some titles announced, plus an announcement for Sega Ages for PS4 and Xbox One. I just feel like that's gonna happen. Atlus is probably going to talk about Catherine and Shin Megami Tensei 5. That's all I think will happen. It sounds like a good showing this year. See you later for when I talk about Activision's set!

No comments:

Post a Comment