Saturday, August 15, 2026

Forrest Gump Movie Review

 Matt hails this as a classic, so I had to watch it. A review of Forrest Gump (1994) dir. Robert Zemeckis. 

Forrest Gump is about Forrest's relationship with Jenny. Jenny treats Forrest terribly. She leads him on and then leaves. Then she leads him on and leaves. The cycle repeats over and over again. Forrest should wise up. Every time he thinks Jenny is going to surely stay with him this time, he is proven wrong. It would be best to swallow his pride and move on. He should realize the cycle they are stuck in and break out of it. But from Forrest's perspective, he likes Jenny. So why would he give that up? Forrest doesn't realize that his life would be better in the long-term if he foregoes that short-term satisfaction of having Jenny for a little bit. Then I turn around and say all this about myself.

Forrest Gump is a very touching, personal movie. But it is also a very quotable and funny movie. Just doing the Forrest voice is entertaining, much less anything he says like "Somethin bit me!" or "Sorry I ruined your Black Panther party." All the kids in school would say "Run, Forrest, run!" But I think "Something bit me" is funnier. 

 What can be said about Forrest Gump that hasn't already been said? It's a great movie. 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment