I had been hyped for a while. A review of Coyote vs. Acme (2026) dir. Dave Green. Spoiler alert. Don't read if you don't want spoilers.
The first great thing about this movie is that it has Looney Tunes in it! They are always funny every time. I will say right away that I liked Coyote far more than I liked The Day The Earth Blew Up (2025) when that came out last year. The Looney Tunes characters blended together a lot better.
What do I mean by that? Every character is designed to fit into this world in which cartoons and people share an ecosystem. Earth Blew Up felt as if there was no sense of grounding, so it was too wacky for the stakes to matter. The dynamics between the people and cartoons meant that what happens to the one happens to the other. Everybody matters in the story, even if cartoons are seen as expendable guinea pigs for product testing.
It was really nice to see the coyote make a friend at the end. I love him very much and I hope he and his friend can make good memories forever. I hope Coyote's friend texts him back.
That's about it. The movie was kinda funny but not massively funny. I prefer the characterization in The Looney Tunes Show, but they were pretty on point here too. Some of the effects were really neat, with how the cartoons affect the real world. It's a good movie. Once you've seen Coyote vs. Acme, you'll never stop wanting to beat Foghorn Leghorn to death with your bare hands.
6/10 I wish I lived in a motel

No comments:
Post a Comment